Recently a (very kind) blogger awarded me with the Liebster Award. Her name is Linda Barber Bray and she blogs over at Age of Gray.
The Liebster award was created to discover and recognize new(ish) bloggers so it is generally awarded to blogs with a low number of followers. The winners have to answer the eleven questions posed to them and then state eleven random facts about themselves. Then the task is to nominate five fellow up-and-coming bloggers.
I am very honoured to have been chosen by Linda for this award. She said some nice things about my blog on her site and she seems like a nice person and a talented blogger, too. Blogging, as I’ve found out in the last couple of months since starting bumblebird, can be very frustrating. It was nice to receive this encouragement and I am happy to be able to pass it on!
Here are the eleven questions she asked me and my responses:
1. What do you think is your greatest strength? I care about the work I am assigned to do, whether big or small. I only started to see this as a strength after working with enough people who didn’t care at all.
2. What are the things your spouse says about you? My husband frequently says that I worry too much!
3. Where do you go to find comfort? Home (The Introverts’ Happy Place!).
4. What is your favourite thing to wear? Whatever’s comfortable. Jeans mostly.
5. What are the first three things you would do if you won a million dollars? Put money away for my kids’ futures, pay off debt, help whoever else I could.
6. Who are your heroes? Anyone who does the little things every day with integrity even though they feel that they won’t be noticed.
7. Book then movie OR movie then book? Always, always, always book then movie (or even no movie, just book!).
8. Why do you blog? I always wanted to write but lately there has been so much hostility on the internet and I wanted to contribute something positive in that space.
9. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of Jen Hatmaker.
10. What is the best piece of advice you have been given?
“If you can’t fly, then run,
if you can’t run, then walk,
if you can’t walk, then crawl,
but whatever you do,
you have to keep
moving forward.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
11. What are the top three things you like to do? Spend time with my family, read, and write!
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I am an extreme introvert.
2. There’s nothing that makes me angrier than people who take advantage of other people.
3. Except people who act like they are better than others because of their financial status, knowledge, or really any other reason.
4. I am allergic to cats (which sucks because I love cats).
5. I can be pretty absent-minded sometimes and it frustrates me.
6. I hate talking about myself so I am finding this really challenging!
7. As much as I love to read, if you asked me to pick a favourite book it would be an impossible task (how could I pick just one??).
8. I have three kids and I worry every day that I am not good enough at parenting them (that’s normal, right?).
9. I have a deep faith in God and desire more than anything to share his grace with others.
10. The first night of my honeymoon a tornado hit and although we were (thankfully!) unharmed, we were without power for several days. I think that means my husband owes me a second honeymoon!
11. I can’t tolerate horror movies or even any violence or gore on TV. In fact, I can’t understand why other people would want to watch that stuff. Ever.
Choosing five people to pass this award on to was quite difficult. There are many, many deserving bloggers out there but it can be hard to find them. I searched through some of my Facebook bloggers groups and managed to come up with three people I want to pass this award on to:
There’s a blog I’ve been following for a while that has a larger following but it’s just such a great blog I had to award it here:
And the last person I would like to pass this award on to has not even started her blog yet. In this case, the award is meant as encouragement to help her get started:
5. April J (you know who you are!)
Eleven questions I am posing to these five wonderful bloggers:
1. Why do you blog?
2. Favourite quote?
3. Greatest achievement?
4. Favourite pastime?
5. What/who makes you happy?
6. Advice for other new bloggers?
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. Is faith important to you and why/how?
9. What is something you wish you were better at?
10. If you could be one of the smartest, prettiest, richest, or most famous people in the world, which would you choose to be and why?
11. What is the most important quality you would look for in a friend?
Please link your answers in the comments below so that I can be sure to read them.
Until then, happy blogging!